Wednesday, August 26, 2009

First post!

Hey all! This is my first post on my brand spankin' new "Carolyn in Cairo" blog. I semi stole the name from my awesome new roommate Nicole, who began the "Nicole in Cairo" phenomenon, but seeing as she is awesome, and seeing as I AM in Cairo, I think she'll forgive me.

I'm still working on documenting the events of the past 24 hours, but I will say this:

1: I LOVE it here already!!! For reasons that will be explained in more detail later
2: I cannot believe how much has happened just in the past 24 hours - and additionally, how much happens after the hour of 10 pm (Cairo doesn't sleep!)
3: I need to study Arabic. Real bad. And 3miya (Egyptian colloquial), not fas-ha (aka modern standard, or academic, arabic), because fas-ha makes you sound like a tooootal nerd. And no one can understand you.

But for now, Nicole and I are running to get some take-out and a new battery for my sweet little Tunisian pay-to-go, so I'll tell you all about the past few days when I get back! I love you all and hope everything's well in the old country!

Also, I'm in the process of setting up a Skype account and I'll blog my screen name or whatever it is that you use to Skype, so anyone with an account let me know and we can chat it up! Keep in mind, I'm 6 hours ahead, so that throws things off a little.

Much love!

Carolyn


NOTE: Skype account set up! My skype name is carolyn.cleveland. Check me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers